Acceptance of ISLPR®: It is your responsibility to check whether the institution or organisation to which you are applying will accept the ISLPR® and what conditions they set. It is your responsibility to confirm which test you should be doing prior to applying and paying.
Part tests: You may take a part test (i.e. one, two or three skills) but if you plan to combine results from different testing systems (e.g. ISLPR® and IELTS) or from ISLPR® tests taken on different occasions, you should check with the institution whether they will accept combinations and what conditions they set. NB: Separate certificates will be issued for ISLPR® tests conducted on different days. Results from different tests cannot be combined onto one certificate.
Re- tests: If you wish to repeat a full test or to be re-tested in any skill(s), we recommend that you wait at least four weeks from the date of your previous test to allow your language to develop.
Results: Results for tests conducted at our Brisbane office are generally ready five working days after the test. The statement of results will be posted to the mailing address that you have written on the application form. If you wish to collect your results in person, you must tell our Administration Officer when you sit for your test. Otherwise, certificates are posted as soon as they are ready. If you wish to make a special arrangement (e.g. a friend to collect the statement of results) you must discuss this with the Administration Officer. Results for tests conducted at any of our other offices (Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Auckland) are generally ready ten working days after the test. Results are immediately posted after ten business days unless alternative arrangements have been made.
As per QCT policy, all results for teacher registration tests in Queensland will be sent to QCT after the test. Similarly, as per the New Zealand Teaching Council policy, all results for teacher registration tests in New Zealand will be sent to the New Zealand Teaching Council. For all other locations, results will be shared with the relevant registration board, unless otherwise requested by a candidate. Please note that if an end-user (e.g. University admissions, teacher registration authorities, employers, etc.) requests for a copy of your results for verification purposes, we will verify results.
Postage: Please be aware that once the certificate has been shipped it is the responsibility of the postal system and ISLPR Language Services cannot take responsibility and cover the cost of lost items. Priority postage is included in your test fee. If requested, express postage can be organised and will be charged at cost.
Life of results: We recommend that the results for any skill should be valid for 12 months from the date the skill was tested. Some institutions extend this to 24 months.
Re- checks: If you are not satisfied with your results, you may apply for a re-check of one or more skills within four weeks of the test date. Re-check application forms with details are available from our Administration Officer.
Tutorials: Individual tutorials are available to help you prepare for your test. Please refer to our services page for pricing details.
Feedback: Feedback is available if you wish to find out what is wrong with your English and what you should do to improve it. Please refer to our services page for pricing details.
- You must pay the fee when you submit the form. Please note that the fees below apply to tests conducted at our office.
- If you have any diagnosed learning disabilities that we should know about you must attach a report from your specialist with your application form.
- All tests have a non-refundable booking fee of $100.00.
- If you wish to cancel your test and you notify our Administration Officer no later than 4:30 pm seven business days before the booked test date (or, if the test date has not been finalised, seven business days before the Friday of the preferred week), the test fee will be refunded, less an administration charge of $100 (incl. GST). If you do not give seven business days advance notice, no refund will be given.
- If you are sick and need to reschedule your test, you must provide a doctor’s certificate. The doctor’s certificate must be sent to our administration team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Due to the close nature of the ISLPR test, we reserve the right to reschedule a test if a candidate displays symptoms of an infectious illness (i.e. cold or flu) on the day of their test. This is to abide by basic workplace health and safety practices for our staff and customers as well as ensuring other candidates are provided with appropriate testing conditions (e.g. a quiet testing room).
- If you wish to change the date or time of a booked test, notify our Administration Officer no later than 4:30 pm seven business days before the test date. If you do not give seven business days advance notice, you must pay an administration charge of $100 (incl. GST).
- Due to the nature of the ISLPR test (one-to-one), some interviews can run longer than expected. This often results in a delayed start time of the next test. We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause to you and will always do our best to minimise the disruption this causes to your day.
- If you arrive late for your test, you may be required to re-book and pay an administration charge of $100 (incl. GST).
- On your test day, you must present your passport. The only other form of identification that may be acceptable is your Australian driver’s license. Your photograph will be taken at the time of the test and will be reproduced on your statement of results. You must bring your own writing utensils (pens, pencils, eraser) to the exam.
- Normal test conditions apply during your interview and writing test. No talking to other candidates. No photos. No disruptive behaviour. You are not authorised to remove test materials from the room.
- All mobile phones, smart watches and other non-essential items are banned during your test. They can be kept in your bag and accessed AFTER your test. Essential items include pens, pencils, erasers, whiteout, pencil sharpeners and water. Anyone found to have banned items on their person during the test will have their test cancelled and the candidate will be required to book another test.
- Serious misconduct during the test: Any candidate who causes a scene, distracts other candidates, does not follow the test supervisor’s instructions, does not stop writing when they are advised the time is up or is caught cheating or misbehaving during an ISLPR test will be removed from the test venue immediately. Such behaviour will be deemed as serious misconduct. No photos may be taken during the test and test materials may not be copied or removed from the room. In such cases were a candidate is caught breaching the terms and conditions of the test, an incident report will be submitted to the Director by the examiner who was present during the exam. Behaviour during an exam that is deemed as serious misconduct will result in the candidate’s test not being marked. The candidate in question will be required to book another test. A candidate may be banned from returning to an ISLPR test centre if their behaviour puts staff or other candidates at risk.
- Serious misconduct after the test: Any attempts to contact a tester to discuss, bribe, persuade or try to influence their marks in any way will be deemed as serious misconduct. An incident report will be submitted to the Director by the examiner who was contacted by the candidate in question. Behaviour deemed as serious misconduct will result in the candidate’s test not being marked. The candidate in question will be required to book another test. A candidate may be banned from returning to an ISLPR test centre if their behaviour puts staff or other candidates at risk.
- Emails: It is your responsibility to check your email inbox thoroughly (we do not accept responsibility for emails that are filtered to your junk inbox).
- Upon submitting an application form you must sign that you have read and that you accept these conditions.
Interstate and International Candidates: By submitting your application form you agree to our PPTC Guidelines. An additional fee is charged to candidates who wish to do their test from an ISLPR® Global Temporary Centre. This fee is charged to cover the cost of sending an accredited tester to your city. All travel fees are shared equally among all candidates and therefore, once an invoice for interstate and overseas travel has been issued, you may not amend or cancel your test. Rescheduling or cancelling your test will result in a fee equal to the value of the invoice being deducted from your test fee before consideration of a refund is made.
- The maximum we will invoice per candidate for interstate travel in $200.00 AUD. The minimum number of candidates we require in order to travel interstate is 12.
- The maximum we will charge for overseas travel depends on the distance we must travel from Australia. Due to the variable nature of travel costs (flights and accommodation), the additional fee is also variable. As stated, all costs can be substantiated by tax invoices and the total cost of travel (flights, accomm, living allowance) is shared equally among all candidates.
- For New Zealand candidates, the maximum we will invoice per candidate is $250.00 AUD. The minimum number of candidates we require in order to travel to New Zealand is 20.
- Please note, that it is not possible for us to guarantee Dr Ingram will be the tester travelling. Therefore, the test fees applicable to interstate/overseas candidates is the “All Accredited ISLPR Testers” fee.
- Results will be ready for posting ten business days AFTER the test.
- To reduce the cost charged to candidates we may only send one tester interstate to conduct tests. When you arrive for your test please wait in the designated area for your test to begin. Once the tester has completed the interview or writing test before you, they will collect you. Please be aware that due to the nature of the ISLPR test (one-to-one), some interviews can run longer than expected. This often results in a delayed start time of the next test. As we hire rooms from third party organisations we are often impacted by their schedules. We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause to you and will always do our best to minimise the disruption this causes to your day.
Privacy: ISLPR LANGUAGE SERVICES collects stores and uses personal information only for the purposes of administering tests, training testers, teaching, research and distributing research publications. The information collected is confidential and will not be disclosed to third parties without your consent, except when required under Australian law.